Invera Releases INVEX-MRP
By Metal Center News Staff
on Mar 2, 2021
Invera has released INVEX-MRP, a web-based, material requirements planning application for the metal service center industry. INVEX-MRP uses forecasting algorithms that are fully integrated with real-time data from STRATIX-ERP to provide a single source of truth for data-driven planning and purchasing decisions.
INVEX-MRP is a tool for service centers that enter into part-specific customer contracts. For these companies, finished goods are produced to a customer part and typically purchased from the same purchased part. This can be commonly found in service centers that produce flat-rolled products, where slit coil or sheet is produced on a repeated basis to meet the contracted demands of customers.
INVEX-MRP provides the following benefits:
- Supply chain and procurement staff can quickly see what products need to be replenished within a time frame, eliminating the need to manually estimate shortages.
- Pair customer parts to purchased products and determine reorder points based on forecasted or historical demand patterns.
- Customer parts can be grouped by a common purchased product and analyzed to determine whether a production order needs to be issued to satisfy JIT programs.
- Computes the purchase quantity and lead time required to avoid an inventory deficit.
- Manage requisitions, and convert to purchase orders for a seamless and integrated planning and procurement process.